What does the Facility do?
- Provides waste transfer services for commercial and residential waste streams.
- Waste streams accepted:
- Residential “Green Bin” Material
- Residential “Blue Box” Material
- Residential Residual Waste Material
- IC&I Residual Waste Material
- Construction and Demolition “C&D” Waste Material
- Largest Facility of its kind in Canada.
- It is 94,000 square feet in size situated on 11 acres of land.
- The building has ventilation capacity of 124,000 cubic feet per minute or in layman terms, it has one complete air change in 20 minutes.
- The operation of the facility is governed by the Certificate of Approval issued by the MOE and it allows us a daily through put of 2,600 tonnes of material.
- The facility is designed to accommodate 350 vehicles per day.
- Facility design incorporated the use of recycled products:
- Over 4000 cubic meters of concrete containing recycled fly ash and slag in the mix design
- Over 35,000 tonnes of recycled aggregate was used instead of virgin crushed stone as a sub base material.
- The parking lot utilized 6,000 tonnes of an innovative asphalt shingle mix design, reducing the amount of virgin asphalt and fine stone requirements
Some of the special features of the facility are:
- There are 3 weigh scales available to weight trucks entering and leaving the site
- All weigh scales have radiation detection equipment
- The facility is designed to receive process and load SSO, recyclables, residential waste and IC&I waste including C&D waste.
- Have the ability to minimize landfill requirements by removing recyclable material from the IC&I waste stream
- Able to load 5 transfer trailers simultaneously
- Incorporate 3 in floor weigh scales that continuously weigh transfer vehicles while they are being loaded. This maximizes the pay loads and ensures site tidiness.
- Residual waste is loaded via three large hydraulic compactors continuously feed by in-floor conveyors while organics and recyclables are loaded via conventional over the top loading.
Dedicated lounge area for outbound truck drivers.