2023 Call for Papers
The 12th Canadian Waste to Resource Conference (CWRC) is being scheduled for spring of 2023 and will provide a forum for presentations to the waste and resource sectors from across North America.
This conference is of primary interest to waste generators, stewards, brand owners, municipalities, private waste sector companies, and property management companies. If you are involved in any of the following, – you will gain insight and be able to share ideas: facility owners and operators, regulators and policymakers, academia and students.
CWRC will be held in a setting where all participants can share ideas and includes conference presentations, as well as networking opportunities for interaction and discussion.
Presentations at the conference will be assigned to different ‘tracks’ outlined in this Call for Papers. General session, opening keynote speakers, and a closing general session speaker will also be chosen. Members of the CWRC Annual Conference Committee are responsible for ranking proposals, speakers, and timelines of topics.
Share your insight and knowledge
Present a paper at this year's national conference 12th Canadian Waste to Resource Conference, (CWRC), Canada’s national conference. If you have an interesting presentation or an idea that could be developed into an educational session, you are invited to submit a proposal. Conference speakers gain visibility in the sector, as well as contribute to the advancement of the profession.
Presentation papers relating to all areas of waste management will be considered. For more details regarding presentation areas and paper submissions requirements, please refer to page 2.
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF PAPERS IS NOVEMBER 15, 2022.
We invite papers in all areas of waste management, resource recovery, and recycling with an emphasis in 2023 focusing on the following tracks:
- innovation and efficiency in waste management,
- new emerging technologies,
- extended producer responsibility – tires, electronics, hazardous waste (MHSW), and printed paper
- and packaging,
- waste transfer and disposal,
- food & organic waste management, and
- material recycling and reuse including commodity markets.
Paper Submission Requirements
Please review the following requirements carefully and keep them in mind before submitting your paper.
- Presentation Limits: A maximum of two presentations per organization may be selected for CWRC 2023.
- Tracks: Identify one of the potential tracks under which the subject matter of your proposal falls. There may be 3-4 concurrent sessions per track.
- Presentation Length: Sessions are 40 minutes long and should include some time for a question-and-answer period (about 5-10 minutes). Speakers may be asked to repeat their session.
- Speakers: A single presentation will typically only have one to two presenters. Consideration will be given to ‘panels’ of more than two presenters based on the subject and speaker(s). All speakers must be identified at the time of the submission deadline.
- Registration and Expense Reimbursement: Speakers will be invited to attend the whole event at a reduced registration fee (tbd). Additionally, transportation, meals, and lodging are the responsibility of each presenter and will not be reimbursed.
- Presentation Selection: Presentations will be selected based on:
- Subject – relevance, interest, informative, educational merit
- Speaker(s) – knowledge, credibility, experience, speaking ability, past ratings, references.
- Sales Presentations: CWRC does not/will not accept sales presentations of any kind. It is not inyour professional interest to develop a presentation that sells a specific company, product, and/or service. Conference attendees react negatively to sales presentations, and it is against CWRC’s policy for speakers to support and promote or endorse any single company, product, and/or service. Suppliers who present a session that attempts to sell to attendees will not be considered for future conferences. All presentations must be “commercial free.”
- Title, author, and a brief presenter bio to be included and submitted to Michele Goulding (Ontario Waste Management Association (OWMA), 170 Attwell Drive, Suite 580, Etobicoke, ON M9W 5Z5. prior to November 15, 2022. Electronic email submissions are encouraged (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Papers will be reviewed by the conference committee and submitters will be notified of the paper acceptance or rejection before December 15, 2022.
For questions regarding this Call for Papers, please contact OWMA – Michele Goulding, Director of Finance & Member Services at (416) 674-1542 or email@example.com.