Call for Papers 2021
CANADIAN WASTE TO RESOURCE CONFERENCE
May 17th – 19th, 2021, Niagara Falls, Ontario
After a challenging period revolving around COVID 19 that resulted in the postponement of the Canadian Waste to Resource Conference (CWRC) in the fall of 2020, the eleventh CWRC is being planned for the spring of 2021. Advance planning is for an in-person conference in beautiful Niagara Falls with a back-up plan for a sophisticated virtual conference should circumstances dictate. The 2021 CWRC will provide a forum for presentations and networking for individuals and organizations from the waste and resource sectors from across North America.
This conference is of primary interest to waste generators, product producers, brand owners, municipalities, private waste sector companies, property management companies, equipment suppliers and academia. If you are involved in any of the preceding – you will gain insight and be able to share ideas: facility owners and operators, regulators and policymakers, academia and students. The CWRC will be held in a setting where all participants can share ideas and includes conference presentations as well as networking opportunities for interaction and discussion.
Presentations at the conference will be assigned to different ‘tracks’ outlined in this Call for Papers. General session, opening keynote speakers, and a closing general session speaker will also be chosen. Members of the CWRC Annual Conference Committee are responsible for ranking proposals, speakers, and timelines of topics.
Share your insight and knowledge by presenting a paper at the 11th Canadian Waste to Resource Conference, (CWRC), Canada’s national conference. If you have an interesting presentation or an idea that could be developed into an educational session, you are invited to submit a proposal. Conference speakers gain visibility in the sector, as well as contribute to the advancement of the profession. Presentation papers relating to all areas of Waste Management will be considered including the list below. The deadline for submission of papers is January 22nd, 2021.
We invite papers in all areas of waste management, resource recovery and recycling with an emphasis in 2021 on:
• innovation and efficiency in waste management,
• new & emerging technologies,
• extended producer responsibility – tires, electronics, hazardous waste (MHSW) and printed paper and packaging,
• waste transfer and disposal,
• food & organic waste management
• material recycling and reuse including commodity markets
Paper Submission Requirements
Please review the following requirements carefully and keep them in mind before submitting your paper.
• Presentation Limits: A maximum of two presentations per organization may be selected for the 11th Annual Canadian Waste to Resource Conference.
• Tracks: Identify one of the potential tracks under which the subject matter of your proposal falls. There may be 3-4 concurrent sessions per track.
• Presentation Length: Sessions are 40 minutes long and should include some time for a question-and-answer period (about 5-10 minutes). Speakers may be asked to repeat their session.
• Speakers: A single presentation will typically only have one to two presenters. Consideration will be given to ‘panels’ of more than two presenters based on the subject and speaker(s). All speakers must be identified at the time of the submission deadline. Speakers must be willing to deliver their presentations in-person or potentially through a virtual platform including the option for taped presentations should the conference be delivered virtually.
• Registration and Expense Reimbursement: Speakers will be invited to attend the whole event at a reduced registration fee whether the conference is in-person or virtual. Additionally, transportation, meals, and lodging are the responsibility of each presenter and will not be reimbursed.
• Presentation Selection: Presentations will be selected based on:
- Subject – relevance, interest, informative, educational merit.
- Speaker(s) – knowledge, credibility, experience, speaking ability, past ratings, references.
• Sales Presentations: CWRC does not/will not accept sales presentations of any kind. It is not in your professional interest to develop a presentation that sells a specific company, product, and/or service. Conference attendees react negatively to sales presentations, and it is against CWRC’s policy for speakers to support and promote or endorse any single company, product, and/or service. Suppliers who present a session that attempts to sell to attendees will not be considered for future conferences. All presentations must be “commercial free.”
Title, author, and brief presenter bio to be included and submitted to Michele Goulding (Ontario Waste Management Association (OWMA), #3 - 2005 Clark Blvd., Brampton, Ontario, Canada L6T 5P8) prior to January 22, 2021. Electronic email submissions are encouraged (firstname.lastname@example.org). Papers will be reviewed by the conference committee and submitters will be notified of the paper acceptance or rejection before February 19th, 2021.
For questions regarding this Call for Papers, please contact OWMA – Michele Goulding at (905) 791-9500 or email@example.com